Simon Kirby, MP for Brighton Kemptown has staked his already faltering reputation on the release of £420 million worth of funding for the redevelopment of the Royal Sussex County hospital in Brighton.
Having personally urged the Chancellor George Osbourne, Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt and Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Danny Alexander, to release the vital funding, it is unclear whether his consistent dialogue has fallen on deaf ears.
Admitting the Royal Sussex hospital in Brighton is unfit for purpose, Simon Kirby has launched a petition urging the £420 million investment to be handed over as soon as possible.
He says, “Both the Chancellor and the Secretary of State have always been very receptive to the arguments I have made for the release of the funding, and I am sure that the Government will do the right thing.”
Concerns continue to grow that the delay in the announcement of the £420 million investment signals that Simon Kirby’s personal appeals and petitions, are amounting to nothing and that the Chancellor and Health secretary have other plans for the money.
Even though Cabinet Office Minister Oliver Letwin, pictured above with Simon Kirby, is on record as saying “I don’t think there is any question that the hospital is going to be redeveloped. It’s not a question of whether but when,” the funding for the Royal Sussex County Hospital has yet to be released.
Simon Kirby who is expected to lose his parliamentary seat due to his slim majority in the expected 2015 general election, has staked his reputation on securing this much needed investment.
It is yet to be seen whether he will do the ‘right thing’ and resign, if, for whatever reason the full amount of £420 million is not released.
- Prospective Mp Sends Simon Kirby Mp for Brighton Kemptown an Open Letter. (gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com)
- Simon Kirby Is a Very Frightened Man Indeed. (gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com)
- Brighton Labour Leader Attacks Simon Kirby Mp (gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com)
- Simon Kirby Mp Defends the Indefensible (gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com)
- Open letter to Simon Kirby MP, Ref: Katrina Taylor (gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com)