What planet does he live on?
On Friday 6th December 2013, Simon Kirby meet Matt Taylor at the Bridge Community centre at Moulsecoomb.
“Don’t blame me,” Simon Kirby said as he shook Matt Taylor’s hand.
Simon Kirby evoked the spirit of Professor Snape from the world of Harry Potter, as he said “I don’t have a magic wand to make everything right for everyone,”
“I bet you say that to all your constituents,” said Matt Taylor, to which Simon Kirby replied, “No, only you.”
Simon Kirby defends the indefensible.
Britain’s leading experts on tax and spending have said that living standards would be lower at the end of the current parliament than at the start.
Simon Kirby is a multi-millionaire and has the audacity to compare himself to the average constituent of Brighton and Peacehaven, of which he is not.
George Osborne has been accused of using “questionable” statistics to tell MPs that households are getting better off.
The Institute for Fiscal Studies said the Chancellor had used “strange” figures for disposable income in his Autumn Statement this week.
Multi-millionaire Simon Kirby is correct in saying the autumn statement is good news. Its good news for millionaires and demonstrates beyond a shadow of a doubt he’s out of touch with his constituency.
George Osborne is making austerity permanent.
Shrinking the state to a level not seen since at least 1948, George Osborne is making austerity permanent. This is not about reducing the deficient, of which it continues to rise, it has nothing to do with economics, but is all about a right-wing political project. George Osborne is using the fall-out from the global recession to permanently cut services and shrink the state back to where it was in 1948.
This is not what voters want.
The headline “Simon Kirby, Member of Parliament for Brighton Kemptown and Peacehaven, has welcomed the Autumn Statement from the Chancellor, which will help hardworking people in his constituency,” is a lie and fallacy.
Shame on anyone who votes for Simon Kirby in 2015.
To say the government’s economic plan is working, and that Britain is on the road to economic recovery, is deceit of the highest order.
Simon Kirby is a Crook.
Simon Kirby dazzles his constituency with facts and figures:
- ·GDP forecasts were revised up from 0.6% to 1.4% in 2013 and from 1.8% to 2.4% in 2014.
- ·Unemployment is predicted to fall to 7% in 2015 and 5.6% in 2018.
- ·The deficit was 11% in 2009/10. It is projected to fall to 6.8% this year – lower than the 7.5% forecast in March. It will fall to 5.6% in 2014/15 and 4.4% in 2015/16. By 2018-19 the OBR expects to run a surplus.
What he falls to mention is that our debt has never been higher.
It’s clear: our public finances are in an enormous mess. Anyone can see that. And to some extent, some politicians will admit it. But add in our financial, personal and private debts… and an even darker picture emerges…
Compared to the size of our economy, Britain is now one of the most heavily indebted countries in the Western world. That’s official. Our total debts stand at more than FIVE TIMES what our entire economy is worth.
Proportionally, that’s more debt than Italy… Portugal… Spain… and almost twice as much debt as Greece. Those are four countries already in the throes of financial crisis. We’re the odd one out because we haven’t collapsed – yet. But things can’t stay that way for long.
You see, the only countries that have more debt than the UK are Japan, where the economy has stagnated for 20 years and the stock market has crashed by 75%… and Ireland, where the housing market has crashed 50%, and the government has been forced to accept a bailout.
In fact, our debts tower above almost every other nation’s – here are the figures that prove it:
To boast that the Chancellor announced key measures to help hardworking businesses, families and young people in Brighton Kemptown and Peacehaven, is a slap in the face of Brighton’s hard-working constituency.
George Osborne and his nasty friends have raped the wealth of Great Britain Plc and stolen it’s assets in the name of privatization.
Reducing the burden of business rates.
Simon Kirby said George Osborne will:
- Help for the high street: up to £1,000 allowance in 2014/15 for retail premises with a rateable value of up to £50,000 – including shops, pubs, cafes, and restaurants.
- Capping the increase in bills to 2% in 2014-15 – businesses were expecting a 3.2 % rise.
- Extending the doubling of the Small Business Rates Relief to April 2015.
- Freezing fuel duty until 2015.
- Scrapping employers’ National Insurance for under-21s.
No jobs, but Simon Kirby joins George Osbourne in the fantasy of giving young people the skills they need to succeed. Jobcentre Plus is failing to help 16 and 17 year olds not in work find an apprenticeship or a traineeship, but yet Simon Kirby and George Osbourne continue to flog a dead horse and lie.
George Osbourne rubs salt into wounds of pupils left let down by the British education system by promising there will also be a pilot so anyone aged 18 to 21, who do not have basic maths or English, have to undertake training immediately or lose benefits.
Other measures include:
- Freezing rail fares.
- Free school mea for all state-funded pupils in reception, years 1 & 2, and disadvantaged students in 6th form colleges from Sep 2014.
- £50 off energy billsHouseholds will save an average of £50 on their energy bills.
Simon Kirby said, “I welcome the Chancellor’s Autumn Statement, which shows that the Government’s economic strategy is working. The combination of economic growth and falling unemployment is excellent news for everyone in Brighton Kemptown and Peacehaven.”
The Government’s economic is not working.
Again the question is asked, what planet does Simon Kirby live on?
UK Plc is broke and have been for a long time. But very soon, it will really hit home.
For Simon Kirby to say “I am particularly pleased that so many of the measures the Chancellor announced will provide real help to people in my constituency,” reflects a complete desiregard and insult to his constituents who live have to work longer than ever to receive their pension.
As Eric Rance wrote on his Facebook status recently:
“Pension age for most of us is being raised to 68, which effectively means that by that time there won’t even be a state pension. In 2010 French government raised it from 60 – 62 and the country went into meltdown. Meanwhile in the UK……. well I was so angry I just ate a family bag of peanut M&Ms. Now for a nice cup of tea.”
Simon Kirby states proudly:
- Young people and employers will benefit from ending employers’ national insurance for under-21’s
- Road and rail users will benefit from the freeze in fuel duty and rail fares
- Families will get £50 off their energy bills next year
- Young children will get a free school lunch;
- Shops cafes and restaurants in Brighton will gain a massive boost from a £1000 allowance for retail premises.
The government are clearly sending out the signal that if you can’t read, write and calculate, then you won’t receive state benefits.
We must join in telling Simon Kirby that we do not welcome the autumn statement.
These actions do not rescue Britain’s finances, they worsen them.
Simon Kirby is on the wrong track!
- Simon Kirby Gets Dear John Letter From David Cameron. (gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com)
- Simon Kirby Mp, Deflects Attention From His Own Fraud. (gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com)
- Simon Kirby Mp Takes Another Hiv Test in As Many Years. (gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com)
- Autumn Statement poll: the public back Balls over Osborne (newstatesman.com)
- Matt Taylor (pmp) for Brighton Kemptown Names Corrupt Council Officials. (gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com)
- Transparency of Lobbying, Non-party Campaigning and Trade Union Administration Bill Aka the Gagging Law. (gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com)
- Simon Kirby MP, cuts, and not playing party politics with the NHS (gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com)