Matt Taylor, who wants to be the next MP for Brighton Kemptown reassures the LGBT community that their interests are safe in his hands.
Following comments left on the ‘Simon Kirby Provokes War with Russia‘ article, first published on 10 Aug 2013, a Simon Kirby supporter called Becky accuses Matt Taylor of being “Transphobic” and a “Nazi”.
MATT TAYLOR ASSURES LGBT COMMUNITY HE IS NOT.
Reacting to the considerable praise bestowed upon Simon Kirby MP by James Ledward in his mid-term report published by the Gay Scene online magazine, I feel compelled to reassure the LGBT community that your interests are as safe in my hands, as they have been in Simon Kirby’s.
- Close interest in local and national LGBT issues
- Passionate defence of equal marriage
- Impressive, sincere and profound
- Pivotal role in bringing forward the government’s Equal Marriage legislation
- Worked tirelessly behind the scenes
- Serves as the Vice Chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Group for HIV/AIDS
- Has tabled a number of written parliamentary questions on LGBT issues since 2010
- Took up the issue of the rights of LGBT people in Russia
- Long campaigned against the deportation of LGBT people to countries where they could face criminal action
- Recently appointed as a Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Foreign Office
- Successfully lobbied for games to be staged at the Amex Stadium in Brighton during the Rugby World Cup in 2015
- Secured a £2m investment in local railways
- Lobbying ministers hard to release the £420m funding for the redevelopment of the Royal Sussex County Hospital
- Regular supporter of LGBT events in Kemptown
- Supported both IDAHO Day and Hate Crime Vigil events organised by the LGBT Community Safety Forum.
- Has a stand at the Kemptown Carnival
- Attends numerous local meetings
- Spotted pulling pints in ‘Legends’ in his efforts to highlight the importance of bars and clubs to the city’s wider communities and night time economy
- Proven himself to be a hard working constituency MP
- Regularly found supporting local community events
- Pleasantly strong campaigner on LGBT issues
- Firm up front support on LGBT issues
- He is not a tribal party politician
- Demonstrates a willingness to work with local councillors from other parties on behalf of local residents
- Has a ‘relentless’ press machine team
- Has advisors around him is truly reflective of the demographic of the unique constituency he represents.
- Understands that ‘gay people’ transfer into ‘gay votes’.
But even though with such lavish praise poured over Simon Kirby, the harsh reality of The Nasty Party which he represents cannot be denied even from such a die-hard supporter as James Ledward.
“However, his position on Europe, immigration and travellers does not sit comfortably with many in the LGBT community.”
‘GAY PEOPLE’ TRANSFER INTO ‘GAY VOTES’.
- Do you stand up for the underdog, or are you part and parcel of the reactionary establishment?:)!
- Or are you a Nazi who’d prefer a Lili Marleen transvestite to Vera Lynn one?;)
- So you think that only males are ‘fit’ to be MPs then?!
- Getting tabloids like the Daily Mail/Heil on your side by being transphobic. I can see you’re really original and different from all the other politicians there, sir!
YOU ARE TRANSPHOBIC SIR!
Having been threatened by a Simon Kirby supporter before, ‘BlackCherry’, a self confessed ‘Shaman’, who said in no uncertain terms that he’ll personally track me down in a dark car park and show me what it means to be a Shaman, I feel compelled to respond to these comments and thank Becky for taking the time to leave them.
LGBT ISSUES ARE SAFE WITH ME.
I cannot stress enough to the LGBT community that their interests are as safe in my hands as they’ve been in Simon Kirby’s. Don’t let this blind you to the bigger picture. Simon Kirby is a loyal supporter of a Nasty Party which is introducing fatal policies which the country doesn’t want, nor democratically voted for.
MY LGBT CREDENTIALS.
I understand the issues which face minority communities because I was brought up within a minority community. From a single parent family, my open minded mother befriended many people from the LGBT community.
- David, a dutch man who transgendered into a woman called Diana.
- Simon Fisher, brother of the famous woman snooker player Allison Fisher, who sadly died a few years ago. (In fact one of my earliest memories of Simon was visiting him in hospital after he was beaten in a homophobic attack.)
- My sister’s girlfriend died on Boxing Day 2012, having slept rough in an office entrance in Brighton.
So in answer to Becky’s comments, please let me assure everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation, that:
- I am not Transphobic.
- I am not a Nazi.
- I do not think that only males are ‘fit’ to be MP’s.
REMEMBER, YOUR VOTE IS SAFE WITH ME.