cigpapers

Written by Cigpapers

Photos, Captions and Video Links by Watt Tyler

There is a resistance to the BBC TV Licence growing across the UK, so here’s some facts for those thinking of joining it.

pic005

1. What Is The BBC TV Licence:

The TV Licence fee funds public broadcasting by the BBC, allowing it to allegedly run a politically impartial TV and Radio service. The current colour TV Licence Fee is £145:50 per year (a black and white TV Licence is £49:00 per year) . The fee makes up about 75% of the BBC’s income – the BBC are very secretive about where the other 25% comes from.

Here’s a Freedom Of Information Request About BBC funding sources:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bbc_funding_sources

The BBC contracts the collection and administration of the TV Licence out to TV Licensing who in turn employ Capita. According to the BBC, the money you pay is split between the…

View original post 2,229 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s