The event was attended by:
- Dr Kim Holt, Patients First, a Senior doctor at St Anns Hospital London. Dismissed after raising concerns during the baby peter abuse scandal.
- Ian Perkin, Former head of finance at St Georges Hospital, dismissed after raising concerns about cancelled operations.
- Alyson O,Connell, A NHS nurse who lost her job after raising concerns about patient care.
- Eileen Chubb Bupa 7 whistle-blower and founder of Compassion In Care, co founder of The Whistler.
- Chaired and organised by Gavin Macfadyen CIJ and co founder of the Whistler.
The discussion looked at why Whistle-blowers are being failed by the law. At a time when abuse scandals are becoming an almost daily news item, as demonstrated with the story below.
Dr Kim Holt calls for Truth and Reconciliation; freeing everyone from fear to tell their stories without criminal retribution.
More and more whistleblowers are telling us the truth of what really happens behind the public facade.
Its time to change how we run the country Ladies and Gentlemen and the time to change it is now.
For more information on Whistleblowers UK goto www.thewhistler.org