Canadian born singer song writer Will Black has rocked the UK on his first ever tour.
Having rocked himself through:
- London, UK on Monday February 2, 2015 @ Half Moon Pub
- Brighton, UK on Wednesday February 4, 2015 @ Sticky Mike’s Frog Bar
- Manchester, UK on Saturday February 7, 2015 @ The Kings Arms
- Edinburgh, UK on Monday February 9, 2015 @ Bannerman’s Bar
- Glasgow, UK on Tuesday February 10, 2015 @ The Record Factory
- Birmingham, UK on Thursday February 12, 2015 @ The Victoria
“I love the UK because we’re in a different country but everyone speaks English!”
Born in Toronto Canada, Will Black, (38 years old but looking more like 28) presently lives in Bermuda, where he is the resident ‘ROCK STAR’ at the English themed bar Hog Penny.
Having grown up in Vancouver, Will first learnt how to play a guitar on his mothers’ six-string acoustic, before getting his own cherry red electric guitar from the Sear’s supermarket.
Having gigged his way across Canada, Will swapped dry land for the rolling waves of the oceans by signing up to play on Cruise Ships.
As Will explains during an interview with a Manchester radio station:
“I’d love to get off the ships and have a land gig. It happened at the same time as the owner of Hog Penny, a cool guy, peas and carrots man, and here we are BOOM, a decade later.”
You can tune into Will performing from the Hog Penny via his weekly on line music show.
What kind of style; how would you describe your music?
“Its like Bon Jovi verses Aerosmith with a shot of Bruce Springsteen.”
“NEW CLASSIC ROCK.”
“My influences are very diverse. I grew up listening to everything from the bands I just mentioned to Guns & Roses, Prince, Stevie Ray Vaughan; quite a broad spectrum.”
“I WANT TO BE YOUR NEW ROCK ‘N ROLL SUPERHERO!”
Having rocked London on the Monday, Will brought his entourage including his manageress, The General Sue Kemp and best friend Jason, toBrighton to play at the best named venue of the tour, Sticky Mike’s Frog Bar.
(Will picked up Mrs Black from Gatwick on-route to Manchester.)
Comparing the basement venue with a venue in New York, Will performed a three hour concert to a cosy audience of no more than 20 to 30 people.
Playing a 50/50 mix of his own material and covers, Will brought a smile to everyone.
Friendly, approachable, funny, handsome and a great talent, Will Black is a name we will all be mentioning in the coming months and years.
With a nice word to say about everyone and everything; here’s what he’s said about the venues played so far.
- London rocked! Thank you to everyone who attended my performance at The Half Moon last night… next up, Brighton tomorrow night!
- Brighton rocked! Thank you to everyone who came out and supported the show. My first experience on the shore was awesome – see you in Nov.
- Thank you, Manchester for Saturday night’s show – u rawked!
- Rock on, Magan! Last night was awesome in Glasgow.
“As an independent artist I do all my own promotion, so it’s all me. My day job is performing at Hog Penny. During the day I’m spending 6 hours a day building a band base. It’s a full time job in itself.”
“MY TARGET AUDIENCE IS THE FEMALE VARIETY.”
While Will likes to think he’s a hit with the ladies, (he is), but he’s a hit with the men too!
Here are just a few remarks left by his fans on his Facebook page:
- — Best 12 quid I’ve spent in a long time best gig in ages Will Black really rocks.
- — Awesome night on Saturday , watched and met Will Black ….. 1talented guy , his music is amazing , defo if your into nice rock music .. Performed by a guy with a big heart , soul and voice you would die for ..
- — Had such an amazing time tonight seeing Will Black with Amy Ferguson. Got Will to do the “Magan pose”. He definitely rocked it, his version of the house of the rising sun was the highlight not only did it have me in tears as its my favourite song, it was Amy who requested it! Such an awesome night. I’m still buzzing, roll on November until he comes back!
- — Had the pleasure of meeting Will Black tonight .. Fantastic gig will be seeing him again on November I will keep you posted when tickets for his next gig are available.. He’s not to be missed .. You rock Will x
- — It was a great night…loved every minute of it xx
- — OK I have to say I was Blown Away by Mr Will Black tonight ,and Sue Kemp is a amazing person . and I got to meet Mrs Black!!!! What a lovely Woman haha xx
With two albums already under his belt:
— WILL BLACK: Dancing with the Dead – © 2008
— WILL BLACK: Dangerously Close – © 2013
While Will Black ROCKED THE UK with just his voice and acoustic guitar, his albums are “FULL BAND KICK ARSE ROCK.”
Watch out for Will Black when he returns to the UK in November. He is a talent waiting in the wings to take over the ROCK MANTLE from the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi and Prince…
To check out more from Will Black, here is all you need to know:
- — http://www.willblack.com
- — https://www.facebook.com/willblack
- — http://www.willblack.com/homepage/the-blinding-heights-podcast/
- — https://twitter.com/willblackrockz
- — https://www.youtube.com/user/theblindingheights