Dear Warren Morgan,
I’m a mentally ill man who’s been clobbered by Brighton and Hove City Council for £719 for not having a parking permit.
I’m dyslexic and under considerable stress. I simply didn’t understand the paperwork required and I asked for help every step of the way.
My sister is living rough on Brighton’s streets and the money spent getting the family car out of the compound, was meant to be spent on getting us a flat.
Please Warren, I need your help.
It has been six months since Labour were elected to run Brighton and Hove on our manifesto “A City That Works For You”. Here’s what we have done so far to deliver on that manifesto:
- Make our city a fairer place to live: we are spending £3 million to give 16,000 of the lowest income families in the city an 80% discount on their Council Tax.
- Tackle the lack of affordable housing: we have pledged to build two thousand truly affordable homes, protected from the right to buy.
- Eliminate youth unemployment: we have set up an Employment and Skills Task Force, and we are planning to establish an Apprenticeship Training Company across the City Region.
- Build 500 new council homes: planning permission has been given for a £14 million council housing scheme in Whitehawk.
- Work to reduce the levels of rough sleeping in…
View original post 353 more words